Thursday, April 14, 2011

Post #3 04/14/2011


Hey everybody, Wilbs here for another installment of my bastard blog.   I wanna thank everybody who has read all the previous post, it’s a tough job being a Bloodhound, and even a tougher job being the bane of Taylor and Kt’s existence, but somebody has gotta do it…..
Up first on my agenda is an update on the “hole” situation.  Taylor and Kt thought they could keep me restrained to the back yard, but if you recall from the last blog, I told you I had some tricks up my nonexistent sleeves….  It has been thought that you need thumbs to open doors or gates, but that assumption is completely wrong, all you need is a brain and paws, cuz all I had to do was open the gate, and my escape was made.  Of course Taylor was not happy with this new “trick” I learned, and immediately got bungee straps and now the gate is permanently closed.  But when Taylor was at the store buying the straps he got me a lovely ball; so what I lost an escape point, I gained a toy, so I think in the end I’m still the winner!!

Some good news is that Taylor finally quit his second job!  This means that the long days in a kennel, are over!!  I know the second job money could be used on me, but I don’t think I would trade this extra attention for anything.  I am just about ready to move and I’ll be receiving much more attention than I already get.  I guess this is a positive side to living with students, ( Kt and Nick) because I’ll be getting let outside a lot more, be able to roam the house more, and not be stuck in that kennel until Taylor comes home from work.  I don’t think I told you about Nick yet, he’s a good guy, from what I can tell, I mean he pets me, and puts up with me, and is over at Taylor’s several times a week, now if I could only get him to start giving me food…..  Everything is coming together rather nicely though, this weekend I have been informed that Taylor, Kt, and Nick will possibly painting the new house, which gives me a new goal of things to destroy!
Yesterday was the best day of my week because Taylor, Kt, and Nick took Kimo and me to the dog park!!  We gotta run outside for about two hours.  Taylor and Kt were always skeptical as if I could swim or not, I showed them that I could in fact swim, but prefer not to.  There were all kinds of smells, things for me to bark out, Kimo and I found this mud pit and jumped in, as a result we had to get somewhat of a bath in the river.  Along the way we were able to make friends with Walter an Old English Sheep Dog!  Walter informed me that his best friend was also a Bloodhound, which made me respect and like the guy right away.  Taylor and Kt have been promising that with the nicer weather, and them wanting to get into better shape that these trips to the dog park are going to start being more frequent, which this hound won’t complain about!!
Well that is my week in a nut shell, I really should not use that term because since I am neutered, I kind of have my own nut shell……  Hope everybody has a good week, see ya next time!!
Wilbur

No comments:

Post a Comment